The 24th Overwatch hero has arrived and she’s almost exactly what fans have been speculating since the fictional interview from in-game news network Atlas. As it turns out, even her “Things to Get List” revealed more than we thought, as the first item reveals the model and the third is Orisa’s main weapon.
Orisa is an old OR-15 model refurbished by Efi Oladele, the robot genius who won a grant just before the events that inspired her. Orisa, according to her synopsis, “serves as the central anchor of her team, and defends her teammates from the frontline with a protective barrier. She can attack from long range, fortify her own defenses, launch graviton charges to slow and move enemies, and deploy a Supercharger to boost the damage output of multiple allies at once.”
Her abilities include:
- Fusion Driver: Orisa’s automatic projectile cannon delivers sustained damage, but slows her movement while she fires it.
- Fortify: Orisa temporarily reduces damage she takes, and cannot be affected by action-impairing effects.
- Halt!: Orisa launches a graviton charge which she can detonate, slowing nearby enemies and pulling them towards the explosion.
- Protective Barrier: Orisa throws out a stationary barrier that can protect her and her allies from enemy fire.
- Supercharger: Orisa deploys a device to increase damage inflicted by allies within her line of sight.
As overpowered as Orisa might seem, according to Overwatch developer Jeff Kaplan, she’s another “anchor tank” and the team wanted “another tank that teams could build around or position around.” If you can’t wait to play Orisa, she’s available on PTR right now. Do you think Orisa will fit right into the Overwatch team? Let us know in the comments below!