They normally have a great reputation for responding to fans, but I was beginning to think that perhaps these problems were just too big. Some almost requiring an entirely new game, beyond the capabilities of a patch or update. Or so I thought.
Turns out BioWare is issuing a huge first patch and it’s addressing almost everything, including the awful animation. There isn’t much they can do about the blasé line delivery, but they can at least make it look better! Which is fine, most RPGs aren’t going to win awards for voice acting.
- Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
- Increasing the inventory limits
- Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
- Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
- Improving localized voice over lip sync
- Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
- Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer
Besides the animation improvements, skipping the planet travel will be a blessing. Those sometimes felt as though you could get up and make cereal in the mean time. In addition, following the Thursday patch at a later date not yet announced, will be further improvements on the above:
- More options and variety in the character creator
- Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
- Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
- Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
- Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams
Well, I know I’m excited. If these patches work out the way they sound, we might have an almost entirely new game on our hands. One that might be worth buying, if not at full price.
What do you think of these patches? Are they exactly what you wanted to improve the game? Let us know in the comments below!