Rollercoaster building is about to get better, as Frontier Developments has announced a brand new Planet Coaster Spring Update that adds an abundance of new content to the highly-rated PC game.
The update will be entirely free, and it will bring along with it some much wanted new features and new rides.
First, it will add three brand new rollercoasters: Steel Hydra, Trident, and Bakasura (Trident’s bigger, badder brother). It’ll also add in Speed Go Karts, a brand new tracked ride that will allow players to create their own karting tracks. What’s more, there will also be three new flatrides added: the Elixir Machine, a Big Wheel, and a ZoZo.
But, those wanting more than just new rides should also be excited, as there are numerous new features being added to the game with the new update.
- Crime and security. Dissatisfied guests may vandalize park scenery, and pickpockets will infiltrate your park to steal other guests’ cash. Keep your law-abiding guests safe with security staff and CCTV cameras.
- Dueling coasters. Up to five rollercoasters can be launched simultaneously to duel it out on the tracks.
- Ride prestige. A revamp to Planet Coaster’s prestige system lets park managers rebrand older rides to give them a boost, all visualized on a beautiful new Ride Reputation timeline.
- New building components. Over 150 new options for creators including animatronics, fencing and security cameras.
- Bigger blueprints. Blueprints are upgraded, doubling from 2,000 to 4,000 pieces per blueprint.
- Three new Scenarios. Challenge your managerial skills in ‘Chief Beef’s Raceway’, ‘Oak Island’ and ‘Downtown’.
- And much more. Planet Coaster’s Spring Update also includes fixes and quality of life upgrades for all players including UI updates and new browser and search options.
You can check out the full changelog over at the official Planet Coaster forums. The update is all ready to download via Steam — just open your clients and it’ll download automatically. We’ll be streaming the new update content later today on our Facebook, so give us a like to be notified when we go live.
[irp posts=”104666″ name=”Planet Coaster Developer Is Going Hollywood With Next Game”]