January is typically seen as a month for what I like to call “dumper games” — games that likely wouldn’t sell at any other time in the year so publishers dump them in January with hopes that someone will want something new to play. This year, however, we were given some truly great games, including Gravity Rush 2, Resident Evil 7: biohazard, and Tales of Berseria. Now, it’s February’s turn to bring the heat, and judging by the list of all of the upcoming games and release dates for February 2017 below, we’re in for some great games.
Some of the most anticipated upcoming games 2017 is offering will release in February, including Nioh, Horizon Zero Dawn, and For Honor, so there are plenty of reasons to be excited for the video games releasing this month.
February Game Release Schedule
- A House of Many Doors – PC (February 3)
- Poochy & Yoshi’s Woolly World – Nintendo 3DS (February 3)
- Xenon Valkyrie – PC (February 3)
- Gunmeetal Arcadia – PC (February 7)
- Nights of Azure – PC (February 7)
- Splasher – PC (February 7)
- WWE 2K17 – PC (February 7)
Nioh – PS4 (February 7)
The early buzz about upcoming PS4 exclusive, Nioh, is that it’s incredible. And it’s not just one or two websites giving it praise; it’s universal. It’s an action-RPG that plays like Dark Souls but with a 17th-century Japan samurai skin. If that doesn’t sound like a great video game, we don’t know what would.
For Honor – PS4, Xbox One, PC (February 14)
For Honor is a game that initially looked incredible when it was first announced, and it’s a cool concept that places vikings, knights, samurai and more in the same ring to fight it out in a battle of melee combat to the death. The story is going to be ridiculous, but who cares about story when you can fight a samurai against a viking? No one.
More From Nerd Much?:
- Sniper Elite 4 – PS4, Xbox One, PC (February 14)
- De-formers – PS4, Xbox One, PC (February 14)
- Berserk and the Band of the Hawk – PS4, PC, PS Vita (February 14)
- Ride 2 – PS4, Xbox One (February 14)
- Warhammer 40K: Space Wolf – PC via Early Access (February 16)
Halo Wars 2 – Xbox One, PC (February 21)
Halo Wars 2 is a game that is surprisingly not exciting anyone, and it’s not that it isn’t going to be a great game — all signs suggest that it is — but it just doesn’t seem to have the market behind it. It’s possibly because it’s releasing in the heart of a February release schedule that includes other heavy-hitters like Nioh and For Honor. But the gameplay we’ve seen so far looks incredible, and the early impressions around the web are saying that it’s even better than the first game in the series.
- Berserk and the Band of the Hawk – PS4, Xbox One, PC (February 21)
- Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin – PSVR (February 21)
- Ys Origin – PS4, Vita (February 21)
- Night in the Woods – PS4, Xbox One, PC (February 21)
- Ys Origin – PS4, PS Vita (February 21)
- Lego Worlds – Xbox One, PS4, PC (February 24)
Horizon Zero Dawn – PS4 (February 28)
One of the most anticipated games of the year and undeniably the most anticipated game of February 2017 is Horizon Zero Dawn, the incredible-looking upcoming PS4 exclusive. The game is set 1,000 years in the future and it will follow a female protagonist by the name of Aloy who is on the hunt to learn more about her missing mother. It’s set in a world where robots take over the earth, and you’ll find yourself in battle with huge mechanical beasts, creating the opportunity for some impressive big moments and set pieces in the large open world.
- Torment: Tides of Numenera – PS4, Xbox One, PC (February 28)
- Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns – Nintendo 3DS (February 28)
[irp posts=”19406″ name=”Top 42 Most Anticipated Upcoming Games 2017″]