One of our favorite features of the Xbox One is the fact that you can stream it to your PC, and it’s been a feature we’ve been wishing for with our PS4. Now, we’ll have to wish no longer, as Sony has announced that PS4 Update 3.50 will bring Remote Play to PC, as well as many other awesome features.
With the 3.50 Update, Playstation 4 gamers will get a slew of new, long-awaiting features. No, you won’t be able to change your name still (sigh), but the update is still a hefty one that brings a lot of new features. Here’s the list of what’s coming (via the official PlayStation Blog):
- Friend Online Notifications — PS4 owners will be able to tell the moment their friends hop onto the PSN, as there is now an option to be notified when members of your friends list sign on the network. There’s no word if the notifications can be set for individual friends or not, but at least it’s something.
- Appear Offline — Sometimes, we don’t want anyone to know that we’re playing that god awful game, or maybe you’re letting your child play on your profile. Appear offline. Awesome.
- Scheduled User Events — Schedule a future gameplay session with your friends on the system. When the event starts, users who registered for the event will automatically be added to a party. Meh.
- Play Together — Sick of not being able to see what your friends in the party are playing? With Update 3.50, you’ll be able to see what they’re playing.
- Remote Play PC/Mac — You’ll not only be able to Remote Play on your PC, but also your Mac.
- Stream to DailyMotion — Stream live directly to Dailymotion on PS4. Meh.
Obviously, the most important feature here is the Remote Play, and we hope it works as flawlessly as the Xbox One’s stream to PC function.
What PS4 features are you still waiting for? Sound off in the comments below. We’d love to hear from our readers!