John Wick Chapter 3, the likely conclusion to the saga of Wick, is adding some serious star power for the third flick. Among others, Halle Berry has confirmed that she’ll play an important role in the upcoming action movie.
Berry dropped the news on her Instagram account yesterday afternoon:
The starlet is just one of many that makes for an impressive ensemble within Chapter 3. Also confirmed to be joining the cast for the third picture are Anjelica Huston, Asia Kate Dillon, Mark Dacascos, Jason Mantzoukas, Yayan Ruhian, Cecep Arif Rahman, and Tiger Hu Chen.
Here is the leading list of actors confirmed for the movie along with their roles, some returning and some appearing for the first time:
- Keanu Reeves as John Wick, a legendary ex-hitman on the run
- Ian McShane as Winston, the owner and manager of the Continental Hotel in New York.
- Ruby Rose as Ares, a mute assassin and previously Santino’s security enforcer in Chapter 2.
- Common as Cassian, previously Gianna’s chief bodyguard in Chapter 2, whose life was spared by Wick.
- Lance Reddick as Charon, the concierge at the Continental Hotel in New York.
- Laurence Fishburne as The Bowery King, an underground crime lord.
- Halle Berry as Sofia, an assassin
- Asia Kate Dillon as The Adjudicator, a member of the High Table
- Anjelica Huston as The Director, a member of the High Table
- Mark Dacascos as Zero, an assassin
- Jason Mantzoukas as Tick Tock Man, an assassin
John Wick Chapter 3 was written by Derek Kolstad, the writer of both John Wick and John Wick Chapter 2. Chad Stahelski directed the first two films. He too will return for the third installment. The movie is said to revolve around Wick still on the run following his killing of a High Table member inside The Continental. With a $14 million bounty on his head, Wick must fight his way out of New York to survive.
The first movie was a surprise hit for the box office. It grossed $88.8 million on a $30 million budget and holds a score of 86% on Rotten Tomatoes. The sequel fared even better. It earned $171.5 million on a budget of $40 million and sits at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.
Filming begun earlier this month in New York City and Montreal. Production will also visit Russia and Spain. We won’t have to wait too long before seeing the final product tough. John Wick Chapter 3 shoots to theaters May 17th, 2019.