After announcing the show back in April, Netflix has released their first Paradise PD trailer showing us what to expect from the upcoming animated series.
You know you’re in for someone different when the beginning of the trailer states the following: “Warning. You have the right to remain silent, but the following trailer will more than likely elicit gasps due to excessively strong language and adult content. Viewer discretion is advised… but don’t be a wuss. The funny party of the warning is, I think Netflix and the show’s creators undersold it.
Today’s Paradise PD trailer comes to us courtesy of the show’s creators, Waco O’Guin and Roger Black. The duo previously collaborated on the animated series Brickleberry which ran for 3 seasons on Comedy Central. While Brickleberry told the story of a group of park rangers in Brickleberry National Park, Paradise PD follows some truly bad cops. “Not bad like no nonsense. Not bad like cool. Bad like shitty. Paradise PD: They’re the worst responders.”
You can tell that no punches are being pulled just mere seconds into the Paradise PD trailer. With crass joke following crass joke following crass joke. Hopefully they all string together smoothly and the distasteful humor isn’t written for pure shock value alone.
The show sports a solid line up of talent that spans both other animated series and the comedy genre as a whole:
- Stanley Hopson – Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Squidbillies)
- Gerald Fitzgerald – Cedric Yarbrough (Speechless)
- Kevin Crawford – Dave Herman (Brickleberry, Bob’s Burgers)
- Chief Randall Crawford – Tom Kenny (Spongebob. Legendary voice actor)
- Gina Jabowski – Sarah Chalke (Roseanne, Scrubs, Rick & Morty)
- Bullet (dog) – Kyle Kinane (The Standups)
- Dusty Marlow – Dana Snyder (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
Netflix greenlit the series for 10 episodes running 30 minutes each. Paradise PD is poised to hit the streets on August 31st.