After debuting to the world last week in celebration of PAX East, Gearbox has finally revealed exactly when we’ll be getting our hands on the original looter shooter’s return. They’ve announced the Borderlands 3 release date, as well as details on the various editions in which you can buy it.
The new trailer that Gearbox dropped above a fresh look at the quartet of Vault Hunters that we’ll be playing as later this year. And the studio also released details as to their unique characteristics:
Moze is described as The Gunner. And “when Moze needs backup, she digistructs her mech – Iron Bear – for a sucker punch of additional firepower.” Amara is dubbed The Siren. She’s “a confident, capable brawler with the ability to summon ethereal fists, Amara used her Siren powers to smash her enemies.”
Fl4k is known as The Beastmaster. The character “lives for the hunt. So do the loyal beasts that follow their master’s every command. Their preferred prey? Unsuspecting bandits, those poor suckers.” Finally, Zane is The Operative. He’s known for “specializing in battlefield gadgetry, Zane is extremely proficient at slipping into combat, creating chaos, and sneaking back out as if he were never there.”
Gearbox Software President and CEO Randy Pitchford, stated today that “the team at Gearbox Software has been devoting every ounce of our passion, creativity and love into making Borderlands 3 the biggest, baddest and most ambitious Borderlands adventure we’ve ever made.”
Pitchford continued, explaining the 3rd entry in the series as the fantastic game for players both old and new by saying, “Borderlands 3 is being crafted not only as a love letter to fans of the series, but also as an ideal entry point for new players to jump in alone or cooperatively, on- or offline.”
The base game will be sold for $59.99 and includes a preorder bonus of gold weapon skins and weapon trinket. If you opt for the $79.99 Deluxe Edition, you’ll get the following:
- Retro Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon skin.
- Neon Cosmetic Pack: Vault Hunter head & skin, Echo Device skin, weapon trinket.
- Gearbox Cosmetic Pack: weapon skin, weapon trinket.
- Toy Box Weapon Pack: 2 Toy guns, Toy Grenade mod, weapon trinket.
- XP & Loot Drop Boost Mods.
- Preorder Bonus: Gold weapon skins & weapon trinket.
The Super Deluxe Edition runs at $99.99 and includes all the above, as well as a four campaign DLC packs featuring new stories, missions and challenges, and the Butt Stallion weapon skin, weapon trinket, and grenade mod. Fans should note, that if they want to nab the Super Deluxe Edition, they should do so before September 17th when the price will jump up to $119.99.
Finally, the truest of Borderland fans can prove it with the Borderlands 3 Diamond Loot Chest Collector’s Edition. You’ll get everything previously mentioned in the immense package, and it also includes the following:
- Diamond Loot Chest Replica: Featuring a functional retractable lid, this chest is perfect for storing your real-world loot.
- Borderlands 3 Character Figurines (x10): Make room on your shelf for the whole crew, including the four new Vault Hunters, the fanatical Calypso Twins, and some of your favorite characters from the Borderlands universe!
- Sanctuary 3 Snap Model: Construct your very own Sanctuary 3 model ship and display it proudly on its included stand.
- Vault Key Keychains (x4): Because you never know when you might stumble across an unopened Vault.
- Cloth Galaxy Map: Discover new worlds beyond Pandora with Typhon DeLeon’s map of the Borderlands.
- Character Art Lithographs (x5): Unique character prints starring the new Vault Hunters and fanatical Calypso Twins.
- Borderlands 3 Steelbook Case: A gorgeous metal case for any collector’s shelf.
In addition to the Borderlands 3 release date that was announced today, Gearbox also confirmed that they’ll be hosting a gameplay reveal event on May 1st. There, we’ll get our first good look at the game in action before it hits PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 on September 13th. For all the other titles coming to your system of choice later this year, checkout our dedicated hubs for PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Switch.