Today, Bethesda announced the release date for the upcoming first bit of The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited DLC, The Imperial City expansion pack.
The Imperial City release date has been set for August 31st for PC/MAC, September 15th for Xbox One, and September 16th for PlayStation 4.
The expansion pack will be free to those with active ESO Plus memberships, or will cost non-members 2,500 crowns in the Crown Store.
At first glance, the expansion pack appears to be jam-packed with new exciting content including new PvP/PvE areas, new weapons and armor, and tons of lore-friendly quests. The story will follow Daedric Prince Molag Bal as he wreaks havoc on the Imperial City, with players being tasked with fending off Daedric forces to liberate Tamriel’s capitol. As a reward, players will receive Tel Var Stones which can be exchanged for Veteran Rank 16 armor sets. Here is everything that’s included:
- New PVE and PVP Content: Battle against Molag Bal forces as well as other Alliances
- Additional Dungeons: White-Gold Tower and Imperial Prison challenge PVE Adventurers
- New Quests, Enemies, and Characters
- Addition of New Currency, Weapons, and Armor: Tel Var Stones for Veteran Rank 16 Weapons
- Imperial City-Exclusive Collectibles and Items: Pets, mounts, costumes and polymorphs
The expansion seems to be worth its price tag, at least when you compare it with some of the DLC we’ve seen for other games recently (I’m looking at you, Batman: Arkham Knight Batgirl DLC).